Art Making & Networking
You will be encouraged to keep working on your creations through the day, and will have something to take back to your own practice.
Welcome & Orientation
What is happening today?
Let’s Get Going
What do we mean by community? What is community engagement through the arts? Why do we do it?
Discussion: Community Arts – is it community strengthening or just filling in time?
We want to explore the range of views about what community arts is and draw out some common threads.
Lunch & Art Making
Please register if you are coming to ensure we have enough catering.
An opportunity to get your burning issue into the mix. We will run through the process, some topics have already been proposed including:-
– knowing your peeps & understanding the backstory
– making friends & influencing people – slow burn versus the deep fry
– preparing and supporting artists and community workers for different settings
– covering the distance – resourcing a large geographical spread
– self-care for artists and community workers
Wrap Up & Close